7 June 2017
Thank you for contributing to the most successful World Orthoptic Day so far – Here are some of the highlights that makes us proud to be Orthoptists
The MREH video on the IOA facebook page – has received over 53k views!!!!!
- An increase in the number of followers on BIOS twitter account
- Tweets from BIOS members from:
- Liverpool uni
- Alder Hey
- Queen Victoria Hospital – Sussex/Kent/Surrey
- Sheffield Children’s – followed the orthoptists all day
- Hillingdon hospital
- Mid essex
- Western eye hospital, London
- A shout out on Chris Evans breakfast show to millions of listeners
- The Thunderclap was the biggest ever with a social reach of over 210,000, especially thanks to:
- Vision2020 UK
- The macular society
- The royal college of ophthalmologists
- The college of optometrists
There were more fantastic video’s (Warrington) uploaded and there’s been lots of entries for the #orthopticselfie competition. There’s still time to enter for a chance at winning an ipad – entries close on Friday 9th June 2017.
Now the challenge is to build on this. We need to maintain and expand our profile on social media in addition to all the other vital work that is being undertaken, to ensure the voice of orthoptists is heard.
This huge success could not have happened without the hard work and dedication of members and I would like to add a very special thanks to Dr Anna O’Connor, who worked tirelessly to ensure the social reach on twitter was at its highest ever and to all the team at MREH but especially Martha Waters whose video was the show stopper of the day.
Please continue to support our profession at every possible opportunity.