10 December 2019
Source: British Blind Sport
Hours of work: 4 meetings per annum minimum
Salary: n/a – voluntary role
Location: British Blind Sport, 19 Coventry Road, Leamington Spa CV32 7JN
Closing date: 13 January 2020, 17:00
Interview date: tbc
The ideal candidate will be an Independent Director with responsibility for Finance, Audit and Accounting. Main duties and responsibilities include:
- To provide advice and guidance to Board members and staff on Finance, Audit and Annual Accounts, as appropriate.
- Oversee the financial affairs of the organisation and ensure they are legal, constitutional and within accepted accounting practice.
- Ensure proper records are kept and that effective financial procedures are in place.
- Monitor and report on the financial health of the organisation.
- Oversee the production of necessary financial reports/returns, accounts and audits.
British Blind Sport is the National Governing Body for blind and partially sighted sport. Our mission is to make a ‘visible difference through sport’ and we aim to change the lives of visually impaired (VI) children and adults through sport and physical activity.
For further details or to apply, please go to the British Blind Sport website at
If you have any questions regarding the role or application process, please contact Sarah Baker, Governance Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org / 01926 424247.