14 December 2017
Source: England Vision Strategy
For your information we have attached a copy of the current priorities, the latest England Vision Strategy annual progress report and the findings of the Shaping the Future review. These can be provided in alternative formats on request. The 6 priorities are below and in the attached full 2017 Shaping The Future Report
- Detecting eye conditions early, especially in seldom heard groups;
- Promoting a consistent strategy for eye care commissioning;
- Improving the Certification process – making sure people who are eligible actually get certified and registered and that relevant data flows through the whole eye health and sight loss pathway;
- Early intervention to ensure practical and emotional support post diagnosis (for example, an ECLO available in every eye department);
- Habilitation and rehabilitation available on a free and timely basis for as long as needed to learn or relearn key life skills including mobility;
- Development of peer support and self-help groups in every community for adults, children and families to provide voluntary sector support for independent living and to lobby for inclusive local public services.
Your thoughts on the current 6 priorities and determining the priorities for 2018 – 21 are needed. Please send your responses to the England Vision Strategy team at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 15 February 2018.