19 Nov 2019
Time: 9:30 am - 3:30 pm
Price: £22.15 – £54.49
Location: Leeds Civic Hall, Banqueting Suite, Calverley Street, Leeds LS1 1UR
For: All professionals working with and supporting individuals with visual impairments from BME community, individuals with visual impairment, family members, friends and carers
We are delighted to announce a one-day conference to celebrate the 30 years journey of Association of Blind Asians. ABA is a registered charity based in Leeds. Every year ABA helps hundreds of South Asians with visual impairments, along with their carers to manage their condition so they can live independent and fulfilling lives. We hope you can join ABA to help celebrate 30 years of crucial support, care and help plan for the future.
The aim of the conference is:
- To increase engagement and co-operation amongst organisations to better support South Asians with visual impairments, along with their families
- To ensure the latest scientific and educational developments are utilised to best support this demographic of people
- To help ensure sustainability for projects involving sight loss
The conference will see a combination of key note speakers and workshops. There will be three workshops for delegates on three key areas: Co-production, Sustainability and Action Research.
Key Note Speaker – Eleanor Southwood, Chair of RNIB
- Matt Stringer, CEO of RNIB
- Stephen Gould, Funding Officer of Big Lottery Fund
To find out more or book your place, go to the Evemtbrite.