28 Mar 2019
Time: 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
A third of the world’s population – 2.5 billion people – have poor vision and no access to glasses or other treatments. For one day, we invite you to focus your mind on one crucial question: how to bring vision to everyone, everywhere.
We think you’ll want to be there. Why? Because we’re confident that once you walk away from Sightgeist, you’ll be inspired to make vision your issue too.
Joining our keynote speaker Professor Brian Cox OBE FRS and event host June Sarpong MBE will be:
• Rory Sutherland, Vice Chairman of Ogilvy is a world renowned thinker on cultural issues and has spoken at TED Global among many other high profile events.
• Caroline Casey, Ashoka Fellow and Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum is a leading authority on diversity and inclusion.
• Ambassador Aubrey Webson, Permanent Representative of Antigua and Barbuda to the United Nations is Chair of the newly formed UN Friends of Vision group.
• Erna Takazawa, Samoa’s first and only optometrist is the country’s first-ever Queen’s Young Leader.
• Chris Sheldrick, Co-founder and CEO of what3words is revolutionising the global address system after a career in the music industry.
• Ella Gudwin, President of VisionSpring is transforming the deployment of low cost glasses including to work-places around the world.
We are also very pleased to welcome our Sightgeist Supporters – IAPB & Sightsavers – and thank them for their support.
Sightgeist will also include the multi-award-winning ‘No Such Thing As A Fish’ podcast team among other special features.
Sightgeist is not a charity event to show pity for people who cannot see; it’s about rewriting the next chapter of 2.5 billion human stories. Sightgeist is not an industry event for enthusiastic opticians; it’s for leaders who understand how to change the world and the innovators who are building the tools to do it.
The important bit: Sightgeist takes place on Thursday 28th March at the Science Museum in London. The event runs from 1300 to 1700. A light lunch will be served from 1200 and there is a drinks reception afterwards.
This is an exclusive event and space is limited, please register your interest via email@example.com to save your seat.
You can find more information about Sightgeist here