5 June 2019
Source: Guide Dogs
Contract Type: Permanent
Location: London or Central Office, Burghfield
Hours: 35 hours per week.
Working pattern: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday
Interview dates: End June tbc
Salary: £54,414 to £57,133 per annum (plus £4,105 pro rata per annum London Allowance if London based.)
Guide Dogs’ policy, public affairs and campaigning work strives towards a world where people with sight loss can take a full and active role in everyday life. Where people can get around with confidence, getting the services they need, when they need them; where streets, public spaces, services and buildings are designed with the needs of everyone in mind.
The Head of Policy, Public Affairs and Campaigning leads Guide Dogs’ work in these areas, breaking down barriers for people with vision impairment, their family and friends. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the organisation’s work in the fields of policy and public affairs, campaigning and influencing across all sectors.
In your application, you will need to evidence, using specific examples, how your skills and experience meet the criteria laid out in the person specification, within the Job Description below.
• A proven track record of leadership and senior management in a large organisation.
• Experience of working in a senior policy role with responsibility for liaison, internal and external networking, project leadership and reporting.
• Experience of networking with and influencing opinion formers including politicians, civil servants and professional groups
• Experience of leading the development of campaigns to secure change in policy and practice and working with groups of campaigners.
• Defining market opportunity (including carrying out scientific research and/or customer and market insight) for a large organisation to inform and develop business strategy and services.
• Ability to analyse and evaluate complex information to provide thought leadership and make decisions of a strategic nature having assessed the risks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and professional knowledge to lead and influence and advise.
• Problem solving skills to drive and manage the development of new strategic and market opportunities.