17 July 2019
Applications close on the 26th July for a number of the most popular courses at ABDO College, the only college in the UK dedicated to the teaching of the theoretical and practical aspects of ophthalmic dispensing and related specialist areas. Potential students should act now to develop their skills, improve their career prospects and learn while they earn.
• BSc Hons Degree in Ophthalmic Dispensing This course is for people who want to train and work as a Dispensing Optician, are interested in advancing their optical knowledge and want to achieve the ABDO Level 6 FBDO qualification and gain a degree at the same time.
• Fellowship Dispensing Diploma The diploma course is for people if you want to train and work as a Dispensing Optician, are interested in advancing their optical knowledge and want to achieve the ABDO Level 6 FBDO qualification
• Contact Lens Certificate Becoming a contact lens optician is the next step for any qualified DO who loves the clinical side of their work and wants to continue to provide great eyecare for patients.
Applications also close on the 27th July for ABDO College’s popular Distance Learning Revision Courses. Students who are sitting exams in the Winter 2019/20 session are advised to apply to receive weekly online assignments over 6 or 12 weeks, plus support from a personal tutor who will mark work and give feedback. No College attendance is required.
For DOs with the FBDO qualification who want gain a profession-specific degree and acquire graduate skills that can be applied to the workplace, the BSc(Hons) in Vision Science course is also currently open for applications until 23rd August.
ABDO College’s new Optical Assistant Course is proving popular but there are still limited spaces available: designed for all support staff working in optics, from entry level to those with a desire to reinforce their skills and broaden the knowledge gained in practice, applications for this course must be submitted by 30th August.
To find out more about any of these courses and apply now for a September start visit http://www.abdocollege.org.uk
Notes to Editors
1. Media enquiries to Antonia Chitty, 07538 525476, firstname.lastname@example.org
2. ABDO College in Godmersham, Kent, has been providing training to students in ophthalmic dispensing since 2001.