Set up in 1946, the Association of Optometrists (AOP) is the leading professional membership organisation for optometrists and other optical professionals in the UK. We offer protection, support and representation to our community of more than 16,500 members throughout their careers with a range of valued services and benefits including:
- Unrivalled legal and clinical expertise from our in-house team
- A comprehensive indemnity insurance package
- Extensive CET and networking opportunities
- Up to the minute news with our journal Optometry Today (OT)
- An influential voice in the sector on the issues that matter most
We are a founding member of the Optical Confederation, the body through which we conduct our public affairs work.
The AOP’s mission is to protect the individual professional, promote their interests and provide unrivalled support which enables members to deliver high quality eye care with confidence.
The AOP’s vision is:
- To assist its members to prosper in whatever their mode of practice
- For eye health and the work of its members to be recognised by the public as an important health benefit
- To thrive as the unrivalled provider of support and promotion for eye health practitioners, and the protection of the individual member
Core product values