19 December 2019
Source: Vision UK
At Vision UK we hope that 2020 will be a big year for eye health and sight loss and we would like to make it the “Year of Vision”.
The attached docs have been put together by a small group of Vision UK members (RNIB, The College of Optometrists, The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Thomas Pocklington Trust and Guide Dogs) and they outline our plan for a cohesive project for the year.
We have put together five objectives for members and associates to sign up to:
1) Together we will raise awareness of the need for medical research to encourage investment in eye health.
2) Together we will promote better eye health to prevent sight loss.
3) Together we will advocate for improved eye care and the best possible support for children and adults living with vision impairment.
4) Together we will celebrate those having a positive impact on people’s vision and daily lives.
5) Together we will work towards equality for people who are blind or partially sighted.
Word and PDF versions of the “2020: Year of Vision” documents are below
We look forward to working closely with members and friends in 2020 and beyond.
#YearofVision #2020YearofVision #2020YOV
As of 2 March 2020, we are very pleased to have 36 organisations sign up to “2020: Year of Vision”.
- Association of British Dispensing Opticians
- Association of Contact Lens Manufacturers Ltd, The (ACLM)
- Association of Directors of Adult Social Services (ADASS) physical & sensory impairment & HIV/AIDS network
- Association of Optometrists
- Berkshire Vision
- Blind Veterans UK
- British and Irish Orthoptic Society (BIOS)
- British Wireless for the Blind Fund
- Cambridge Eye Trust
- College of Optometrists, The
- England Vision Strategy Committee
- European Coalition for Vision
- Eyecare Trust/Eye Health UK
- Federation of Manufacturing Opticians.
- Fight for Sight
- FODO – the Association for Eye Care Providers
- Guide Dogs
- International Centre for Eye Health (ICEH)
- International Glaucoma Association (IGA)
- Lions Clubs International MD105
- Local Optical Committee Support Unit (LOCSU)
- Manchester Royal Eye Hospital
- Nystagmus Network
- Optometry Wales
- Rehab Workers Professional Network (RWPN)
- Royal Blind
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists, The
- Royal Society for Blind Children (RSBC)
- Scottish War Blinded
- Thomas Pocklington Trust
- Wales Council of the Blind
- Wales Vision Strategy Committee
- Wilberforce Trust
- Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers, The
Version: 12.19 Download docx 59 KB
Version: 12.19 Download pdf 0.1 MB