19 December 2019
Source: Vision UK
At Vision UK we hope that 2020 will be a big year for eye health and sight loss and we would like to make it the “Year of Vision”.
The attached docs have been put together by a small group of Vision UK members (RNIB, The College of Optometrists, The Royal College of Ophthalmologists, Thomas Pocklington Trust and Guide Dogs) and they outline our plan for a cohesive project for the year.
We have put together five objectives for members and associates to sign up to:
1) Together we will raise awareness of the need for medical research to encourage investment in eye health.
2) Together we will promote better eye health to prevent sight loss.
3) Together we will advocate for improved eye care and the best possible support for children and adults living with vision impairment.
4) Together we will celebrate those having a positive impact on people’s vision and daily lives.
5) Together we will work towards equality for people who are blind or partially sighted.
Word and PDF versions of the “2020: Year of Vision” documents are below
We look forward to working closely with members and friends in 2020 and beyond.
#YearofVision #2020YearofVision #2020YOV
We’re very pleased to have the organisations below signed up so far:
British and Irish Orthoptic Society (BIOS)
College of Optometrists
European Coalition for Vision
Rehab Workers Professional Network (RWPN)
Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Worshipful Company of Spectacle Makers
Version: 12.19 Download docx 59 KB
Version: 12.19 Download pdf 0.1 MB