5 November 2019
The Personalised Care Group is inviting applications from people with lived experience of personalised approaches to health and social care to participate in a personal development programme.
Who can join?
You are eligible to apply if you are an individual or family carer who has personal experience of personalised care. This could be through:
• A personal health budget or an integrated budget for health and social care.
• A personalised care and support plan
• An experience of being linked into peer support or to support organisations after a discussion with a health or social care professional
• An experience of ongoing conversations with a health professional about your condition where you discuss your options for treatment, and the potential risks and benefits of those
• An experience of receiving a social prescription to support self-management of a long-term physical health condition or a mental health condition
We are looking for people who have lived experience of personalised approaches to health and social care with direct relevance to the work of the Personalised Care Group.
You must be willing to commit to playing an on-going role in shaping policy and practice within personalised care at a national and local level. However, levels of commitment may vary depending on people’s individual circumstances.
The Peer Leadership Academy is a personal development programme that aims to build people’s knowledge, skills and confidence so they can play an active role in the personalised care programmes at a national, regional and local level. It is being delivered by Peoplehub CIC in collaboration with the NHS England and Improvement Personalised Care Group.
Read the full details in the PDF document below: