30 January 2014
Scottish Vision Strategy Conference 2014: Raising the Bar – Implementing the Scottish Vision Strategy
Date: Wednesday, 26 March 2014
Venue: Stirling Management Centre, University of Stirling, Stirling FK9 4LA
Following the publication of the refreshed Scottish Vision Strategy, the fifth annual Scottish Vision Strategy conference will focus on the strategic objectives and implementation plans. Please see the following draft programme for details.
The conference will be of interest to all those working in the field of eye health, those involved in planning and implementing services related to blind and partially sighted people, local government and service users.
There is no charge to attend this event, however please note that booking is essential. To reserve your place at this important event please complete the attached form. If you require an alternative accessible format or assistance completing the form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0131 652 3140.
Places will be allocated on a first-come-first serve basis, so please reserve your place as soon as possible to avoid disappointment and by 19 March 2014 at the latest.
Draft Conference Programme – subject to change
09.15 Registration and Coffee
09.45 Welcome & introduction
John Legg, Chair Scottish Vision Strategy Advisory Group
09.50 Keynote Address
10.10 Session 1: Looking after your sight
Chair: Ken Reid, UK Vision Ambassador
• Diabetes – the Prevention Agenda Jane-Claire Judson, Director Diabetes UK Scotland
• Building Effective Networks Dr. Pauline Campbell, Co-ordinator Scottish Vision, Hearing and Stroke Network
• Presentation TBC
11.35 Session 2: Timely treatment, services and support
• Ophthalmology Short Life Working Group
Richard Copland, Head of Access Workforce and Performance Directorate Scottish Government Jacquie Dougall, Project Manager Access Support Team Scottish Government
• Emotional Support Mhairi Thurston, Chair VINCE
• Support in the Community Fiona Sandford, Chief Executive Visibility
13.35 Session 3: Participation in Society Chair: Richard Hellewell, Chair SCOVI
• Employment Support. Louise Wotherspoon, Vice President State Street Global Services. Kate Storrow, Employment and Learning Services Manager RNIB Scotland
• Inclusion Initiatives Colin Gallagher, Mobility Team Manager Guide Dogs Scotland
• Doran Review update
Donna Bell, Chair of the Doran Review and Depute Director of Strategic Learning and Wellbeing Directorate, Scottish Government TBC
14.35 Session 4: Implementing the Strategy
Chair: Stuart McMillan MSP, Convenor Cross Party Group on VI
• Seeing It My Way Ken Reid, UK Vision Ambassador. Bob Ironside, Chief Executive Perth Society for the Blind
• See Hear – Scotland’s Sensory Impairment Strategy, Maureen Bruce, Depute Director Adult Care and Support Directorate Scottish Government
• Locality Strategies – Pan Ayrshire Sensory Plan Eddie Fraser, Head of Service Community Care East Ayrshire Council
15.35 Next Steps
John Legg, Chair Scottish Vision Strategy Advisory Group.
15.40 Conference close
Coffee and Networking
16.00 Fringe Event: Welfare Rights
Chair: John Legg, Chair Scottish Vision Strategy Advisory Group
• Ken Reid, UK Vision Ambassador
• Colette Cummins-Smith, Income Maximisation Officer RNIB Scotland
16.30 Workshop close
Programme and booking form attached below.
For further information please go to: