31 July 2019
ABDO’s head of CET Alex Webster says, “We are excited to be able to offer interactive CET that members can access in a new way, without having the expense and time associated with travel to and from an event. Each month we will host a new CET-approved webinar enabling members who complete the session to gain 1 interactive CET point.”
The CET webinars feature a wide range of topics across the field of ophthalmic dispensing and associated areas. Alex adds, “We will be working with experts in their fields for this new series of webinars. The series was launched by Professor Christine Purslow. Professor Purslow’s career has provided her with a wide range of experiences from hospital optometry and private practice to research, lecturing and developing postgraduate education programmes. In 2013 she was appointed Head of Medical Affairs for Thea Pharmaceuticals. In her webinar Professor Purslow explored the link between vision and comfort and delved into the latest research to help us understand what could be happening on the ocular surface when patients complain of poor vision”
Looking to August and beyond ABDO can announce two fantastic speakers. On Thursday 22 August Dr Michael Crossland, a specialist optometrist at Moorfields Eye Hospital, will be speaking about paediatric low vision cases. On Tuesday 17 September Professor Mo Jalie will be joining us to discuss modern spectacle lens manufacturing.
Advanced booking for webinars essential as places are limited. This can be done through the event pages on the ABDO website as each webinar is released. Upcoming topics for webinars include GDPR & Data Protection in optical practice and Reflective practice.
1. Media enquiries to Antonia Chitty, 07538 525476, email@example.com
2. Hi res images are available
3. ABDO represents over 6000 qualified dispensing opticians in the United Kingdom. Registered office, 199, Gloucester Terrace, London W2 6LD.
4. Webinars are for ABDO members only. Associate Membership is available to everyone in the optical profession including optometrists and costs from £18 per month by direct debit.
5. ABDO will still continue to offer CET through Dispensing Optics and at Regional CET events.