23 November 2018
Source: Wales Vision Strategy
The Wales Vision Strategy exists to deliver positive change
for blind and partially sighted people in Wales, their communities and the general population including those at risk of sight loss. The Wales Vision Strategy reflects the priorities of blind and partially sighted people and has been developed in collaboration with stakeholder organisations. The Wales Vision Strategy is always open to new members who want to support our priorities and drive change for people with sight loss in Wales.
1. The Wales Vision Strategy: an overview
• To improve the nation’s eye health and end avoidable sight loss.
• To improve support across social care services.
• To improve awareness of sight loss and create an inclusive society for all blind and partially sighted people.
Aim of the Wales Vision Strategy 2018-2019
Achievement of the Wales Vision Strategy will:
• Improve the quality of life of people in Wales
• Positively impact on our health and social care system
• Reduce costs to the Welsh economy.
Read the full strategy on the attached documents in English and Welsh