6 March 2020
Source: Vision UK
Vision UK is following current guidance from the government on Coronavirus (COVID-19) based on the World Health Organization’s declaration that this is a public health emergency of international concern. We are aware that the UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the UK from low to moderate.
Governmental Advice is that most people can continue to go to work, school and other public places.
You only need to stay away from public places (self-isolate) if advised to by the 111 online coronavirus service or a medical professional.
Based on this advice Vision UK is not cancelling any planned meetings but we will keep this under close review.
How to avoid catching or spreading coronavirus
• wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
• always wash your hands when you get home or into work
• use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
• cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
• put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
• try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell