Vision UK works in collaboration with partners across the eye health and sight loss sector to deliver positive change for blind and partially sighted people. To enable this we are setting up 4 Strategic Panels:
• Epidemiology, evidence and statistics
• Research, cures and treatments
• Services, support and care
• Public understanding of eye health and sight loss
We visualise these panels to be senior people from inside and outside of the eye health and sight loss sector (including industry where appropriate). These panels will, via discussion and inquiry, set national strategic priorities and targets for the four headlines.Read more
Who are we?
Vision UK’s ambition is for the UK to be a nation where:Read more
• Everyone looks after their sight.
• People’s eye conditions are identified early, treated and, where possible, cured.
• People obtain services which are person centred, joined- up and good quality.
• People with sight loss live the lives they choose.
Portfolio of Indicators for Eye Health and Care
Within the Vision UK Ophthalmic Public Health Committee leading clinical and patient organisations have come together to agree which outcomes and quality indicators should be used to measure and improve the performance of eye health services around the UK.Read more
Theme-based learning is a particularly effective way to introduce multi-sensory experiences, using a theme that is of interest and motivating to the students
Latest Podcast:John Welsman, Strategy and Research Policy Team, Guide Dogs, speaks Matt Broom and Keith Valentine discuss the legacies from VISION 2020 UK and the future strategy and work which Vision UK will undertake. Listen to this podcast
Newsletter Sign Up
A guide for parents and carers whose child has a vision impairment.
This information introduces you to the help and support you may want as the parents and carers of a child with a vision impairment.Read more
Every 5 seconds someone in the world goes blind