Furloughing of Vision UK Staff
Due to budgetary issues, and in particular due to the COVID 19 crisis, we are having to furlough all Vision UK staff and put the work of Vision UK in abeyance for at least two months with immediate effect. We will hope to re-open at the end of this period.Read more
Vision UK works in collaboration with partners across the eye health and sight loss sector to deliver positive change for blind and partially sighted people. To enable this we are setting up four Strategic Panels:
• Evidence and statistics
• Research, cures and treatments
• Services, support and care
• Public perception of sight loss
Panel members will include senior people from inside and outside the eye health and sight loss sector (including industry where appropriate). The panels will, via discussion and inquiry, set national strategic priorities and targets.Read more
Who are we?
Vision UK’s ambition is for the UK to be a nation where:Read more
• Everyone looks after their sight.
• People’s eye conditions are identified early, treated and, where possible, cured.
• People obtain services which are person centred, joined-up and good quality.
• People with sight loss live the lives they choose.
Latest Podcast:John Welsman in conversation with Matt Broom, CEO Vision UK, on the changes in Vision UK and plans for the future Listen to this podcast
Newsletter Sign Up
A guide for parents and carers whose child has a vision impairment.
This information introduces you to the help and support you may want as the parents and carers of a child with a vision impairment.Read more
86% of people in the UK value their eyesight above any other sense